Collections Documentation Specialist
Office: Grand Island, Nebraska
The Collections Documentation Specialist is responsible for executing a variety of Customer-facing as well as internal transactions to maximize AmurEF’s ability to recover contractually due payments in a fast-paced, goal-oriented Collections Department. Specific responsibilities include: addressing customer service matters regarding collections issues; processing Customer payments and payables from third-party service providers; assisting in equipment repossession and End of Term sales; executing Contract Modifications (partial payoffs, insurance payoffs, etc.) and Settlements.
The Collections Documentation Specialist will be expected to produce a minimum agreed upon quantity and quality of deliverables (e.g., daily document production volumes, error-free calculations) as well as surpass monthly production objectives agreed upon with the Collections Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Managing Customer Documentation
- Produce, send, receive and review (as applicable) collections-related documents between the Customer and AmurEF. Key documents include: Insurance Claims, Voluntary Surrenders, Engine Repairs, Modifications, Restructures, T&As and Contract Amendments.
- Note, file and scan Customer correspondence accordingly in AmurEF’s file management systems.
- Compile and analyze documentation and information received from Customers related to Modification or Restructure requests; make recommendation to Collections Supervisor.
- Timely and accurately prepare Repossession Checklists and Equipment Recovery Sheets.
- Calculate full or partial Contract payoffs for delinquent Contracts; provide related Bills of Sale and/or Account Completion letters.
- Enter SoS information for delinquent Contracts.
- Ensure all Customer information is complete and correct in AmurEF’s files.
Customer Service and Departmental Cooperation
- Process Customer payments accurately and when scheduled; provide detailed and accurate allocations for internal reporting.
- Provide accurate and detailed information to the Credit Processing team for Exposure calls; record all notes into LeasePlus.
- Assist the Asset Management Department in sending out Notices of Sales (UCC-9s) and requesting Repo Titles (if applicable) once Equipment is secured.
- Facilitate the smooth and timely transition of files to the Asset Management and Legal Department.
- Take on as needed any Departmental overflow work.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with Customers and AmurEF team members inside and outside the Department, especially Legal, Credit and Asset Management.
- Consistently, clearly and concisely document all interactions with Customers and Vendors in a self-explanatory manner to ensure reporting accuracy and ease of account hand-off.
- Compile and deliver weekly and monthly Collections activity reports for various Departments.
Skills and Abilities
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying, prioritizing and completing critical tasks independently, creatively and always with a sense of urgency.
- Strong, communication, problem solving, negotiation and analytical skills required.
- Timely decision-making ability.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word and Access, as well as Internet-based solutions and AmurEF platforms (e.g., Lease Plus, Aspire, SSRS)
- Attention to detail and an eye for accuracy.
Education and Training Guidelines
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Prefer three (3) to five (5) year’s work experience in commercial collections/and or customer service