Assistant Asset Manager
Office: Remote Locations
The Assistant Asset Manager will be responsible for supporting Asset Managers, Senior Asset Managers, as well as members of other Divisions (e.g., BIIC) involved in the equipment management function, with all aspects of administrative work related to asset return, repossession, remarketing and resale. Additional responsibilities include tracking, organizing and reporting on data and information on AmuEF’s asset management activities. The key objective of this position is to support AmurEF’ growth, profitability and process efficiency goals through a focus on maximizing recoveries and minimizing expenses on equipment sales.
Asset Recovery and Remarketing
- Produce end-of-lease documentation when an asset itself is involved, such Bills of Sale and Notices of Sale.
- Assist in the vehicle titling process for equipment that has been (or has to be) repossessed, returned and/or sold.
- Arrange site inspections on equipment to be recovered.
- Work with auction houses to list AmurEF equipment, track sales and collect payments.
- Provide asset valuation information within and outside the Department.
Reporting & Research
- Track equipment inventory and sale proceeds.
- Track all monies received and expenses incurred from asset sales.
- Effectively use and leverage AmurEF’s IT system capabilities and applications (Aspire, BIDW, Access, MS Office, etc.)
- Captures and distribute accurately all information gathered in his/her process.
- Co-operate effectively within the Department and outside of it to ensure proper information sharing and process efficiency.
Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with, and passion for, hard assets and mechanical objects.
- Familiarity with large yellow iron, trailers, material handling and industrial equipment a plus.
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once and complete them within the required timeframe.
- Strong, proven work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Inquisitiveness and drive to constantly improve processes and productivity.
- Logical, concise, organized, and persuasive presentation style.
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Capable of supporting our Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values.
Education and Training Guidelines
- Equivalent two to five years’ related experience preferred.
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- Experience in office setting preferred.
- Excellent computer skills a plus.
- Bilingual a PLUS