Calculate your savings
Let us help you take full advantage of IRS Section 179, a special tax deduction that allows you to quickly write-off all or part of the cost of new or used equipment in the same year you purchase it.
Section 179 Deduction for 2018:$1,000,000
Bonus 100% Depreciation for 2018:$1,500,000
20.00% Standard 5 Yr. Depreciation:$0
Total First Year Deduction:$2,500,000
Enter your tax bracket and equipment cost.
Cash savings on your
IRS Section 179 Tax Deduction qualifications
- The deduction limit for Section 179 in 2018 is $1,000,000.
- The 2018 Section 179 Deduction threshold for total amount of equipment that can be purchased is now $2,500,000.
- Once the $2,500,000 limit is exceeded, the 179 deduction is reduced dollar for dollar – at $3,500,000 of equipment purchased, the 179 deduction is no longer available.
- Most new and use equipment, as well as some software, qualify for the Section 179 Deduction.
- Bonus depreciation is 100% on both new and used equipment.
- When applying these provisions, Section 179 is generally taken first, followed by Bonus Depreciation.
* Amur Equipment Finance is not an accounting firm. Please make sure to consult your account on any tax information. Credit & equipment restrictions apply. This program does not assume your company will qualify to take advantage of the IRS Section #179 depreciation schedule which allows rapid first year depreciation of certain assets acquired. The amount of previous depreciation your company may have used may affect your ability to utilize the elections. Please consult your tax adviser or accountant for additional information. Equipment must be purchased and placed in service by 12/31/18.