Choose a leasing option
Apply online now!
The financing of business equipment is indispensable in today’s rapidly changing climate and that is why AmurEF offers both straight financing and lease options to address all of your equipment financing needs. We provide creative financing programs and flexible payment options that enable you to get your business plans into action with the most beneficial structure for your business.
Within our lease products, we offer operating leases and finance leases. Depending on the equipment, we can offer the right product for your tax needs as well as addressing any existing loan covenants.
- Operating Lease: Operating leases are off balance sheet allowing you to expense 100% of the monthly lease payments rather than taking depreciation. The leasing company retains ownership of the equipment and at the end of the term, you have the option to purchase the equipment for the fair market value, return the equipment or continue to rent it. If your intention is not to own the equipment and upgrade at the end of the lease term, an operating lease is a great option for you.
- Finance lease: Finance leases, often referred to as Capital leases, do not fit operating lease guidelines and are an alternative finance vehicle. With a finance lease, the leasing company retains ownership of the equipment and at the end of the lease term, you have the option to purchase the equipment for $1.00 or some other pre-agreed upon fixed price. You cannot expense the monthly payments with a finance lease as you can with an operating lease, but you can take advantage of all of the benefits of ownership including depreciation allowances and Section 179 Tax Deduction.
- Equipment Finance Agreements: Equipment Finance Agreements: Equipment Finance Agreements (EFA’s) are straight finance programs where the customer retains title to the equipment and the finance company has a security interest in the equipment. Since you have title to the equipment, there is no purchase option at the end as in a lease product. With EFA’s you can take advantage of all benefits of ownership including depreciation allowances including Section 179. EFA’s are an alternative to bank financing and are preferred over bank financing due to their ease of approval, flexibility in structure, and minimal down payments.
Whether you choose one of our lease products or a finance product, we can offer many flexible and aggressive structures including:
- Deferred Payment Plan: Often times in an equipment acquisition, there is a "ramp up" period in which the new equipment is not generating cash flow. This can be due to extended training or the time needed to take in, produce, invoice and collect on new orders. In these scenarios, the Deferred Payment Plan can be the answer by offering deferred payments at the beginning of the term for up to 90 days. This structure allows you to pay for the equipment once it begins to generate revenue.
- Step Payment Plan: Similar to Deferred Payments, the Step Payment Plan is designed to allow you some cash flow relief at the beginning of your term by offering lower payments that step up over time. The steps can be designed to meet your projected increasing sales levels or can be tied to existing debt payments that are coming to maturity. The payments can also be Stepped Down, better matching the payments to the depreciated value of the equipment. Accelerated payments result in lower overall interest expense and leave you in a better position should you want to upgrade during the term.
- Seasonal Payment Plans: Not all businesses have level or increasing sales during the year. Some examples are printing companies that print voting ballots, landscaping companies, summer or winter resorts, agricultural companies, etc…. Seasonal payment plans can be a good solution for these companies offering them lower contract payments during the off season and higher payments during the peak or busy season.
- Balloon Payment Plan: In cases where the equipment being financed has a strong collateral value, balloon payment plans can be structured where you have lower payments during the term with a balloon payment of 20% or more due at the end of the term. This structure helps by lowering your monthly payments during the finance term thus allowing you to acquire more expensive equipment than you could under a level payment plan.